From Net-Results Support
Understanding your Sales Funnel and the flow of prospects through it is key measuring your overall marketing success. Net-Results makes it easy for you to manage your funnel, analyze the flow of prospects through your funnel, and take action to keep prospects moving forward. By simply categorizing your Contacts into various Lead Stages, you can easily target specific prospects for additional nurturing and stay informed as those prospects approach conversion.
Once you have created Lead Stages, you can:
- Manually set a Contact's Lead Stage within the Contact View
- Automatically set your Contacts' Lead Stage using a Set Lead Stage Campaign Action in a Nurture/Advanced Campaign
- Assign your Contacts' Lead Stage via CSV Import
- Assign your Contacts' Lead Stage when the Contact submits any Net-Results Form (via Form Actions)
- Use a Contact's Lead Stage as a condition in any of your Segments, Campaigns, and even Lead Scoring rules
- Watch the flow through your various Lead Stages using the Net-Results Funnel Report
Defining Lead Stages
Lead Stages can be defined in the My Account section.
Once in the Lead Stages area, click New Lead Stage to define a new one. For each Stage, you choose the Name and Order of their flow.
Note: You may also drag and drop to re-order your Lead Stages at any time.
Setting Lead Stages
As described above, there are four ways a Contact's Lead Stage can be set:
- Contact View: By viewing/editing a Contact from the Contacts area, or using the View Contact Details shortcut in the Actions pull-down on the My Visitors area, you may choose a Lead Stage for that Contact manually.
- Set Lead Stage Campaign Action: In a Nurture/Advanced Campaign, during the course of your Campaign or as the sole action the Campaign takes, you may set the Lead Score automatically based on any criteria you choose. This can be a single update for a set, defined audience using a One-Time Campaign, or an ongoing update using a Perpetual Campaign. Read more on Campaign Durations here.
- CSV Import: Mapping a column to the Lead Stage field will assign your imported Contacts to whatever Lead Stage Name is provided for each record.
- Note: if the Lead Stage Name does not match one of your available Lead Stages, that Contact will be rejected from the import. A file of Lead Stage rejections will be included with your Import Confirmation email.
- Form Action: Using the Net-Results Form Builder, you may assign any Contact who submits the Form to a particular Lead Stage.