Microsoft Dynamics CRM Marketing Automation Integration
From Net-Results Support
Net-Results provides a "native" (built-in) integration with Microsoft Dynamics. This integration is available at no additional charge and is compatible with the following versions:
How do I get started?
We provide a Microsoft Dynamics Solution via a .zip file which can normally be installed in about 5 minutes and you can usually have your Dynamics Integration up and running within 30 minutes. The instructions for installing the solution follow.
Install the solution into Microsoft Dynamics:
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics. Navigate to Settings → Solutions → Import
- Browse to the location you saved the solution .zip file and double click the .zip file
- On the next screen click the Next button
- On the next screen click the Import button
- A progression window will be displayed, when it finishes click the Close button
- Now the solution should be visible indicating it was installed
Enter Net-Results usernames and passwords into Microsoft Dynamics:
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics. Navigate to Settings → Security → Users
- If you are using Microsoft Dynamics 2013 or earlier the Navigation is Settings → Administration → Users
- Click on your user record to edit
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and expand the Net-Results Credentials area
- Enter your Net-Results username and password
- Save the changes
Setup the integration within Net-Results:
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics. Navigate to Settings → Customizations → Developer Resources
- Gather the “Organization's Unique Name”
- Gather the “Discovery Service” URL by clicking the link and copy the URL from the address bar
- Log into Net-Results and navigate to Account (top right of the screen) → Integration Settings → Dynamics Integration
- Select the Version and Location
- If the location is “On-Premise”, your user’s active directory domain will be needed
- “On-Premise” instances must be setup with Dynamics IFD (Internet Facing Deployment) through ADFS (Active Directory Federated Services)
- If the location is “On-Premise”, your user’s active directory domain will be needed
- Enter the Organization's Unique Name and Discovery Service URL
- Enter your username, password and any Notification Recipients
- Click the Save button and a testing pop-up will be displayed
- The green indicator means the test was successful
- The red indicator means the test was unsuccessful. Verify the information entered and try again
In Dynamics, test that the integration is working by navigating to FunnelVision through the Sales tab.
Mapping Custom Fields
Besides our standard field mappings, any custom Contact/Lead or Account field in Dynamics CRM can be mapped to Custom Fields in Net-Results. To do this, hover over your email address in the top-right corner, go to Integration Settings, Dynamics Integration Field Mappings.
On the top-right of this area, you will see three tabs:
- Account Mappings, for mapping Account-level fields from Dynamics CRM to Net-Results.
- Contact Mappings, for mapping Contact-level fields from Dynamics CRM to Net-Results.
- Lead Mappings, for mapping Lead-level fields from Dynamics CRM to Net-Results.
Note that often your Contact & Lead mappings will be very similar, but it is entirely possible to have certain Custom Fields only available to one module or the other. Once you update these mappings, navigate to Integration Settings, Dynamics Integration Field Mappings and you will be able to trigger a Full Sync to have Net-Results pull the new data down.
What does this integration do?
With Microsoft Dynamics, integration allows bi-directional synchronization of Account Contact and Lead data via the Contacts, Forms, and Campaigns areas (Nurture/Advanced Campaigns only). Please note - Opportunity data is not bi-directionally synchronized, the data will only be synchronized to Net-Results.
Once the integration has been enabled by entering your credentials, Net-Results will:
- Pull Account/Lead/Contact data from Microsoft Dynamics both in an initial, full sync and on a regular basis
- You may also request a full/manual sync to be run at any time, and a manual sync may be required when adding or changing your custom field mappings
- Create and automatically maintain various Lists (for certain fields like Account Type and Opportunity Stage)
- Create all of your Microsoft Dynamics Users as Net-Results Users, both for authentication purposes and so that they can be set as Lead Owners
The integration also makes available our personalized sales dashboard called FunnelVision to be embedded in Microsoft Dynamics, which enables the following features:
- Who's Hot is a listing of Leads & Contacts owned by you (the logged in Microsoft Dynamics user) sorted by Lead Score. This lets you see at a glance which prospects have been scoring big points due to their engagement with your website, emails and collateral.
- Prospect Activity allows you to see which of your prospects have been on your website, exactly how they got there and what pages they viewed during their visit.
- Anonymous Visitors shows you which companies are visiting your website who've not yet identified themselves by filling out a form or otherwise contacting you. This is great if you've got some down time and want to make some calls to drum up additional leads. These calls are much more effective when made to companies who are already checking out your company. This listing automatically excludes ISP visitors and those with no information, as these cannot be researched.
- My Emails shows you all the Conversation emails you've sent to your prospects. You can see who's opened your emails, who's clicked through and how many times.
- Conversations: The ability for you to make any email you've built in Net-Results available within Microsoft Dynamics as a "Sales Template." Microsoft Dynamics users can then choose from those templates, customize the messaging and send a fully trackable Net-Results email to any Lead or Contact. We call these emails Conversations. Conversation emails (and all associated activity such as email sends, opens, clicks & bounces) all flow directly to the prospect's Activity Stream (already available in both Net-Results & Microsoft Dynamics).
We'll be rolling out additional features to FunnelVision in the coming weeks and months.
When does Net-Results sync to Microsoft Dynamics?
All new and updated Contacts and Leads will be synced down to Net-Results on an hourly basis after the initial sync, but you control when and what data is pushed to Microsoft Dynamics using the following methods:
- Campaign Settings - Sync this Campaign with Microsoft Dynamics: Creates a Campaign in Microsoft Dynamics into which you can sync Leads (see below) as members, useful for running performance metrics based on budgets and other details in Microsoft Dynamics. Must be used in conjunction with the Sync with Microsoft Dynamics Action, and is only available in Nurture/Advanced Campaigns.
- Campaign Actions - Sync with Microsoft Dynamics: Allows you to push up the Participants of the Campaign to Microsoft Dynamics. Configuring this action allows you to choose whether to create new prospects (ones who don't exist already in Microsoft Dynamics by email address) as Contacts or Leads, who to assign them to (also known as Lead Owner), and their Lead Source. You may also update these last two items for existing Leads/Contacts. Even better, you may do this either for all participants of the campaign or conditionally as part of your nurture track using Campaign Branching. For example, if a recipient exhibits certain interest by clicking links inside your first email and qualifies for later branches of your Campaign by visiting additional pages on your site, you can add or update them in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Contacts: Using the Save and Add to Microsoft Dynamics button on the Contacts screen, you can sync the record as a Contact or Lead (as above).
- Forms: Using the Net-Results Form Builder, you may sync up the prospect as a consequence of any form submission.
In all areas, you have the option Schedule an Activity (such as a phone call or email) to be assigned to the prospect and sales rep in Microsoft Dynamics. Also, any Contact that has been previously synced (up or down) will automatically sync whenever their Lead Score changes. Note: A Contact cannot be synced up to Microsoft Dynamics without values in any of the following fields:
- Email Address
- Last Name
- Company Name
Records can be synced from Microsoft Dynamics without this information, but Microsoft Dynamics does not allow new Leads/Contacts to be created without them.
Segment Fields Added
When integration is setup, the following fields are added to the Contact Attributes section to base a Segment, Campaign, or Lead Score Overlay rule on:
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Category
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Id
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Industry
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Name
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Relationship
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Revenue
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Owner Email
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Owner Name
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Owner Id
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Opportunity
- Microsoft Dynamics Account Opportunity Closed
- Microsoft Dynamics Contact
- Microsoft Dynamics Lead
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Actual Close Date
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Actual Value
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Closed
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Close Probability
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Create Date
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Estimated Close Date
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Estimated Value
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Name
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Stage
- Microsoft Dynamics Opportunity Status
Note: Certain Lists are also automatically generated based on Microsoft Dynamics field values.