SugarCRM Marketing Automation Integration
From Net-Results Support
Net-Results provides a "native" (built-in) integration with SugarCRM. This integration certified by SugarCRM and is available to you at no additional charge and is compatible with the following versions:
- Version 5
- Version 6
- Version 7
How do I get started?
For the integration, we will need:
- Credentials for an Administrative user, or any Regular user with read/write permissions. You may enter these credentials under the My Account > Sugar Integration area. Note that any time this user's password changes, you will need to provide the updated password in this same section.
- Your SugarCRM URL, as in http://abccompany.sugarondemand.com/service/v2/soap.php?wsdl.
- If you use a hosted version of SugarCRM, you will need to allow us access through your firewall either through the HTTP or HTTPS port.
You will need:
- The most current version of the Net-Results SugarCRM module. This can be downloaded from the SugarExchange, or it can be emailed to you by Support.
Note: The SugarCRM user account that the Net-Results integration will use for API communications needs to have Read/Write access to the following SugarCRM modules:
It will also need Read access to the following modules:
To install the SugarCRM module follow the steps below:
- Click the Admin icon in the upper right hand corner of the screen and select "Admin"
- Scroll down to "Developer Tools" and select "Module Loader"
- Upload the SugarCRM package (this should be the .zip file)
- Once the package has been uploaded, click the "Install" button right below the upload section
- The SugarCRM package should then begin to self install
Once the SugarCRM module is installed, follow these steps to enable the FunnelVision dashboard and other features:
- Navigate to Home
- Click the Plus Sign(+) at the end of the tabs to add a new tab
- Name the page Net-Results and select a one column layout, then click Submit
- Click on Add Sugar Dashlets
- Select the Net-Results Dashboard, then click the X in the upper right corner of the pop-up
What does this integration do?
With SugarCRM, integration allows bi-directional synchronization of Contact and Lead data via the Contacts, Forms, and Campaigns areas (Nurture/Advanced Campaigns only).
Once the integration has been enabled by entering your credentials, Net-Results will:
- Pull Lead/Contact data from SugarCRM both in an initial, full sync and on a regular basis
- You may also request a full/manual sync to be run at any time, and a manual sync may be required when you request Custom Fields to be mapped
- Create and automatically maintain various Lists (for certain fields like Account Type and Opportunity Stage)
- Create all of your Sugar Users as Net-Results Users, both for authentication purposes and so that they can be set as Lead Owners
- Sync SugarCRM Target Lists to Net-Results every 30 minutes. Net-Results Lists corresponding to each of your SugarCRM Target Lists will be created automatically. As you add/remove list members in Sugar, those changes are reflected in Net-Results automatically
The integration also makes available our personalized sales dashboard called FunnelVision to be embedded in SugarCRM, which enables the following features:
- Who's Hot is a listing of Leads & Contacts owned by you (the logged in Sugar user) sorted by Lead Score. This lets you see at a glance which prospects have been scoring big points due to their engagement with your website, emails and collateral.
- Prospect Activity allows you to see which of your prospects have been on your website, exactly how they got there and what pages they viewed during their visit.
- Anonymous Visitors shows you which companies are visiting your website who've not yet identified themselves by filling out a form or otherwise contacting you. This is great if you've got some down time and want to make some calls to drum up additional leads. These calls are much more effective when made to companies who are already checking out your company. This listing automatically excludes ISP visitors and those with no information, as these cannot be researched.
- My Emails shows you all the Conversation emails you've sent to your prospects. You can see who's opened your emails, who's clicked through and how many times.
- Conversations: The ability for you to make any email you've built in Net-Results available within SugarCRM as a "Sales Template." Sugar users can then choose from those templates, customize the messaging and send a fully trackable Net-Results email to any Lead or Contact. We call these emails Conversations. Conversation emails (and all associated activity such as email sends, opens, clicks & bounces) all flow directly to the prospect's Activity Stream (already available in both Net-Results & SugarCRM).
Throughout FunnelVision you'll find that the names of your Leads, Contacts and Accounts are all links that allow you to navigate directly to the spot you'd like to go within SugarCRM. We'll be rolling out additional features to FunnelVision in the coming weeks and months.
When does Net-Results sync to Sugar?
All new and updated Contacts and Leads will be synced down to Net-Results on an hourly basis after the initial sync, but you control when and what data is pushed to Sugar using the following methods:
- Campaign Settings - Sync this Campaign with Sugar: Creates a Campaign in Sugar into which you can sync Contacts/Leads (see below) as Target List members, useful for running performance metrics based on budgets and other details in Sugar. Must be used in conjunction with the Sync with Sugar Action, and is only available in Nurture/Advanced Campaigns.
- Campaign Actions - Sync with Sugar: Allows you to push up the Participants of the Campaign to Sugar. Configuring this action allows you to choose whether to create new prospects (ones who don't exist already in Sugar by email address) as Contacts or Leads, who to assign them to (also known as AssignedTo or Lead Owner), and their Lead Source. You may also update these last two items for existing Leads/Contacts. Even better, you may do this either for all participants of the campaign or conditionally as part of your nurture track using Campaign Branching. For example, if a recipient exhibits certain interest by clicking links inside your first email and qualifies for later branches of your Campaign by visiting additional pages on your site, you can add or update them in Sugar.
- Contacts: Using the Save and Add to Sugar button on the Contacts screen, you can sync the record as a Contact or Lead (as above).
- Forms: Using the Net-Results Form Builder, you may sync up the prospect as a consequence of any form submission.
In all areas, you have the option Schedule a Task (such as a phone call or email) to be assigned to the prospect and sales rep in Sugar. Also, any Contact that has been previously synced (up or down) will automatically sync whenever their Lead Score changes.
Note: A Contact cannot be synced up to Sugar without values in any of the following fields:
- Email Address
- Last Name
- Company Name
Records can be synced from Sugar without this information, but Sugar does not allow new Leads/Contacts to be created without them. You may optionally specify Default Values for Last Name and Company Name in the Sugar Integration Setup area to avoid these fields being blank during a sync.
Segment Fields Added
When integration is setup, the following fields are added to the Contact Attributes section to base a Segment, Campaign, or Lead Score Overlay rule on:
- Sugar Lead
- Sugar Contact
- Sugar Opportunity Name
- Sugar Opportunity Sales Stage
- Sugar Opportunity Amount
- Sugar Opportunity Close Date
- Sugar Opportunity Probability
- Sugar Opportunity Lead Source
- Sugar Account Annual Revenue
Note: Certain Lists are also automatically generated based on Sugar field values.
Mapping Custom Fields (updated)
Besides our standard field mappings, any custom Contact/Lead or Account field in Sugar can be mapped to Custom Fields in Net-Results. To do this, hover over your email address in the top-right corner, go to Integration Settings, Sugar Integration Field Mappings.
On the top-right of this area, you will see three tabs:
- Account Mappings, for mapping Account-level fields from Sugar to Net-Results.
- Contact Mappings, for mapping Contact-level fields from Sugar to Net-Results.
- Lead Mappings, for mapping Lead-level fields from Sugar to Net-Results.
Note that often your Contact & Lead mappings will be very similar, but it is entirely possible to have certain Custom Fields only available to one module or the other. Once you update these mappings, navigate to Integration Settings, Sugar Integration Setup and you will be able to trigger a Full Sync to have Net-Results pull the new data down.
Our sync process reports on objects in SugarCRM missing a value in a required field, or have a required field pointing to an inactive or deleted reference. More often than not this happens when trying to sync a Contact or Lead to Sugar, but Opportunities and Accounts can fail as well. Accounts with no User assigned, accounts with an inactive user assigned, etc. cannot be synced and will appear in the error report.
We have recently updated these reports to give you more detail and make it easier to pull up the record(s) in question.
When dealing with Contacts, if you see the message, Account is inactive or deleted, this usually means that the account was not synced because it doesn't have an Assigned User.
When dealing with Opportunities, if you see the message, Contact is inactive or deleted, this could be a deleted contact, or the account might not have a user so the account and contact were not synced.
If the problem with the account is corrected, the contact and/or opportunity can then be re-synced without error.