What Are Accounts?
- Accounts in Net-Results are normally used to represent “companies”. For example, “these 3 people (3 Contacts in Net-Results) all work at this one company (this one Account)”.
- An Account is a “container” that holds Contacts.
- Every Contact is/must be a member of an Account.
- “-” is a valid Account. It can be used to satisfy the “must be part of an Account” requirement if you don’t care about Account names.
- Accounts can be safely ignored if they are not important to you
- When importing or working with Contacts, the “Company” field acts as an alias for the Account Name. If you create a Contact with a company name of Acme, you’ll find that an Account named Acme has been created and that there is 1 Contact in that Account.
- You may create an unlimited number of Account Custom Fields if you like, just as you can do with Contacts
- You may Segment on the values in any Account field (standard or custom) just as you can with Contact fields