- You may create an unlimited number of Lists
- Each List may have an unlimited number of Contacts associated with it
- Each Contact may be a member of an unlimited number of Lists
- The number of Lists you create has no impact on your subscription fee
You can add Contacts to or Remove them from lists by:
- Via a “Modify List Membership” form action
- Via a “Modify List Membership” campaign action
- From the “My Contacts” page
- When uploading a .csv file
- Via the Contact:submitContactImport API method
Both subscriptions and lists:
- Can be used as Campaign participants
- Can be used as a Segment condition
- Contacts can be on multiple lists and subscriptions at once
Lists are internal-facing to you. You control who is on your lists and only you see this. The customer doesn’t see the lists they’re on. This is so you can group contacts in a way that makes sense for your emailing purposes. Lists are built by you (the marketer or user of Net-Results) and they are controlled by you. The recipient of your communications cannot unsubscribe from a list because it’s an internal group of contacts or leads.
Although subscriptions are similar to lists from a coding standpoint, subscriptions are maintained by your contacts/recipients. You build the subscriptions and then you can allow your recipients to control which subscriptions they want to opt-in or opt-out of via a preference center form. Subscriptions are different than lists in the sense that contacts can unsubscribe from specific subscriptions without unsubscribing from all of your emails as a whole. Subscriptions are customer-facing so that your recipients know where they stand in terms of the types of communications they are receiving from you.