How to use forms
Forms are a powerhouse when it comes to knowing your customers. Forms allow you to everything from automating lead generation to giving your Contact control over their email preferences. You can use Net-Results Forms to:
- Gather detailed Contact information
- Create an Unsubscribe page or Preference Center
- Register Contacts for a Webinar
- Download whitepapers
- Submit applications
- and so much more!
The key with forms is that you want them to be targeted data on all prospects or leads. What information does your business care about? What questions will assist your sales funnel? If a Contact downloads a whitepaper on Marketing Automation, do they also want to be subscribed to your blog posts on Marketing? You don’t need random mumbo jumbo – focused forms are the key to gathering information on you prospects leads and customers and it’s important to discuss with your team and sales before building forms in Net-Results.
Net-Results form submissions can trigger a wide array of form actions which can be used to automate processes in your instance.
- You can set more than one form action at a time. For example: Registering for a Webinar and Adding a Contact to a List or sending a notification to your Sales team and creating a task in your CRM
- Form actions are tied to the form and will work on each landing page that uses that form.
For a complete list of available action in Net-Results, check out our article on Form Actions.
You can embed your form on any landing page using the Embed code. Net-Results forms can produce two types of code:
- HTML – This option is not available when using a Thank You Message as the Thank you type or why using progressive profiling.